Skip to Content

Re-application for Registration

[ Fee ] [ IMPORTANT NOTE] [ Guidelines ]

What to submit?

1. Please send in the following:

(1)   The completed application form for registration specified by the Board (Validity up to one month);
(2)   A copy of HK Identity Card (if applicable);
(3)  The original statutory declaration on any conviction (or not) in Hong Kong or elsewhere of the applicant (Validity up to one month);
(4)   Re-application registration fee $500 (by cheque);
(5)   Copies of documentary proof of qualification for registration (if applicable);
(6)   The Certificate of Registration of the applicant's last registration period (if applicable).
(7)   Others

If and as necessary, applicant may be required to submit documentary proof to satisfy the Board that at the time of application:-

(i) he/she is ordinarily resident in Hong Kong; and
(ii) he/she is fit and proper person to be registered.

How to apply?

2. Complete the specified application form for registration which is available for download at the homepage of the Board (PDF).

3. Pay the re-application registration fee: the current fee is $500 which should be paid by crossed cheque payable to "Social Workers Registration Board. Name of applicant should be written on the back of cheque.

4. Please send by post or by hand to: 27/F Eastern Commercial Centre, 83 Nam On Street, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong.

What's next?

5. In normal circumstances, the Board would complete the processing and approval of application in 10 working days after receiving all necessary documents and application fees. And the followings will be sent to the applicant's registered address by ordinary post:-

(1)   An approval letter;
(2)   A Certificate of Registration; and
(3)   A Registration Card.

6. If an applicant has submitted an application to or furnished supplementary document with the Board for about 12 working days without receiving any response, he/she can enquire to Board Office about the status of that application.

7. Any incomplete application will be not processed. The Board office will inform the applicant concerned in writing.

8. If any applicant would like to collect the certificate from the Board Office in person or authorize someone else to do so, such request should be made in writing when applying for registration.