Skip to Content
- A social work degree awarded in Australia that is accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is, in principle, recognized by the Social Workers Registration Board for registration.
- Qualification that is led by a distance education or an off-shore programme is excluded. The Board will consider on an individual basis an application for registration filed by a holder of a social work degree that is led by a distance education or an off-shore programme, notwithstanding that the degree is accredited by the AASW.
- Details of the social work degrees which are currently and formerly accredited by ASSW are available from:
- AASW may from time to time review its accreditation criteria and revise its list of accredited qualifications. Before pursuing social work studies in Australia, students should assume personal responsibilities to verify with AASW whether the social work qualification to be pursued would be accredited at the year of graduation.
- In any circumstances, the Board reserves the right as to whether to recognize the qualifications accredited by AASW for registration.